Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Thyagraj Aradhana Festival and Bangalore Nagarathana

There is a famous trinity, called as trinity of carnatic Music. The trio Tyāgarāja, Muthuswami Dikshitar and Syama Sastri.
Later on in early 20th century trio of MS, DKP, MLV were known as the trinity of carnatic music.
These three women singers broke away the traditions and established new trends and established themselves as path breaker. Since in  earlier times women singers were not allowed to sing on stage and several restriction were there. Pallavi was one among them. DKP borke this tradition.She established herself as a finest Pallavi singer also.
MS the famous M Subbulakhsmi ji, other is D K Pattamal ji, third is ML Vasantakumari ji. Together they were known as Trinity of carnatic vocal music.
But still i doubt why the T Brinda and Mukta ji were left out??
www.newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/article1438758


Now the matter is that Thyagraj Annual Aradhna was on Saturday, January 2015. This is being broadcasted by the Doordarshan for quite many years now. I had been watching it since many years. When I was at IIT Kanpur i got to see many times this direct telecast. Many stalwarts of music performed together at this Thyagraj Aradhana, siting in front of the temple. I had seen MS performed there. Once i saw VaijayantiMala ji (that time she was MP), Several other Semagudi Srinivas Iyer, Many more......list is long.
Bangalore Nagarathna
This year also in Jan 2015 i was able to see it. There were so many musicians. The main attraction for me has been that many musicians all together join and sing at the Aradhana. Though the temple is said to be built by a great women singer Bangalore Nagarathna, the member of a great tradition of women community, who with lot of devotion, determination and discipline have preserved our great musical heritage. It is irony that today we feel proud of this musical heritage, but do not give credit to those women.Thus Bangalore Nagarathna spent all her wealth to buy the land and built a temple for Thyagraj. But she was not allowed to sing and offer her music aradhana in front of temple!!!! what an irony.??
This year i saw Umaylapore Srinivas playing Mrindangam, Famous face was of Smt Sudha Ragunath.
There were hordes of people attending this Aradhana. Old women, senior Artists all sat together with few upcoming artists and few students. There were few small girls sitting just next to senior ladies. Few people were seen standing. Most senior was Umaylapuram Srinivas ji, I could recognise him since I had seen him and his program on TV for many years now.

These pictures were taken by me while watching the program of Thyagaraj Aradhana on Doordarshan. Thus may not be very clear. I ask everyone to forgive me for any mistake if I have made by posting these pictures.


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wⲟndedful website you have here but I was curious iff you knew of any mesѕaɡe boarⅾs that cover the same tߋpics discuѕsed here?
Ι'd resalⅼy liкe to be a pɑrt of group where I caan get ѕuggestions frߋom other knowledgeable indiνiduuɑⅼs that share the same
interest. If you have ɑny recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks!

Katyayan Kanyakubj Gaurang Brahmavarti Mishra said...

how can i help? when you remain anonymous?
thnx for appreciating. connect on twitter!! or start commenting/discussion here itself? if you can?

Anonymous said...

I love what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and exposure!
Keep up the very good works guys I've added
you guys to my personal blogroll. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!
It's the little changes which will make the biggest changes.
Many thanks for sharing! Ahaa, its pleasant discussion concerning
this piece of writing at this place at this website, I have read
all that, so at this time me also commenting here. http://foxnews.net

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website.
It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's difficult to get that "perfect balance" between usability
and appearance. I must say you have done a amazing job with this.
In addition, the blog loads very fast for me on Opera.
Outstanding Blog! Hi there just wanted to give you a quick
heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser
compatibility but I figured I'd post to let you know.
The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem
resolved soon. Many thanks It is appropriate time to make some plans for the
future and it's time to be happy. I've read
this post and if I could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or tips.
Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this
article. I want to read more things about it!
http://Foxnews.net/

Anonymous said...

Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.

Anonymous said...

If you desire to improve your experience just keep visiting this web site and be updated with the most recent information posted here.

Anonymous said...

Heⅼlo my family member! I want to ѕay that tһis post
iis amazing, great written and incⅼude approximately all vitаl
infos. Ӏ would liҝe to ѕee extra posts like this .

Anonymous said...

If some one wants expert view on the topic of blogging and site-building then i propose him/her too go to see
this web site, Keep up the pleasant work.

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog here! Additionally yourr website so much up fast!
What host are you using? Can I get your associate hyperlink in your host?
I want my site loaded up as fast as yours lol

Anonymous said...

I love reading an article that will make people think. Also,
thank you for permitting mee to comment!

Anonymous said...

Good information. Lucky mme I came across your website byy
accident (stumbleupon). I have bokmarked it for later!

Anonymous said...

I got this web site from my friend who shared with me about this web page and at the moment this time I am visiting this site and reading very informative articles at this time.